Saturday, April 19, 2008

Art at the Arb

I just got back from "Art at the Arb" at Bartlett Arboretum. In my very biased opinion, the best art at the Arb was Robin Macy and her band (featuring the talented Carter Green on bass and hot guitar licks by Kentucky White who snuck a Guns N' Roses lick in at the end of the show). They performed tunes from "Songs from the Garden," Robin's first solo album. It was incredible to see three of my favorite people in the world (and my top three Myspace friends) playing together.

The album took over a year to make at Greenjeans Studios and it's incredible. I've heard it about 200 times and I still get goosebumps when I press play. 

Click on the pictures to enlarge them. You can also press the icon with the arrows on the bottom right to fill the screen.


No comments: