Monday, February 25, 2008

1,000 miles

CRG and I just returned from our five-day trip to Atlanta with stops in St. Louis, Cleveland Tenn. and Chattanooga. I hope to put the video documentary together in the very near future.


DAY 1

The weather was pretty miserable. It took us eleven hours to get to St. Louis.

The window in our room. Beats a view of the parking lot.

DAY 2

I think CRG could win an Edge look-alike contest.


The Kubrick-like cart we rode in to the top. Four minutes up and three minutes down.





It's not in focus and over-exposed. I swear, I am a professional.

Later the same day.We had to make a quick stop in Metropolis, Illinois. I think it's a good look on him.

Truth. Justice. And the American way. And it's all in front of the county courthouse.
Down the street from Super Man is Big John. Notice a theme in this town?

DAY 3

My buddy Jeff at one of our old hangs in Chattanooga, Big River Brewery.

Another favorite place, the Bluff View Arts District.

We visited a few of my old drinking establishments and this one is Durty Nelly's. I'm so glad we did because they are closing for good this week. A few more beers and CRG probably would've bought the Irish joint.

CRG doing a little headlight adjustment on my Civic. He really is useful as well as ornamental!

DAY 4

When in the South one must visit the Waffle House. It's like church.

Mary clutching her Barbie drink. Wow, we sure do look like lushes!

DAY 5

Passing the time on the MARTA by making shadow puppets. CRG does a great Louis Armstrong (not pictured here).

5 comments:

Lori said...

Great photos, James. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. CRG is funny....

Chris said...

Were there any other really large men in Metropolis?

Denise said...

Chattahoochie. I miss it. Jeff, too.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun. Did you know that Superman's b-day is Leap Day? You two are very on top of your pop culture!

carla ten eyck said...

hmmm was that a dirty slut in that barbie cup?