Sunday, November 18, 2007

Now I know it's Thanksgiving


One of the things about working on Sundays is that I go to a lot of the same events each year: powwows, motorcycle toy rides and other annual celebrations. The Sunday before Thanksgiving is always the Word of Life Church's annual dinner celebration (I know this because I've already covered it four times). It's open to anyone who wants a free meal.

My favorite part of the dinner is when Rev. Moore is finished praying over the meal she always says, "Now first the WORD," and the audience says in unison, "and then the BIRD." I chime in, too since I know the saying and it seems like the holiday thing to do.



Here are a few food photos that will prepare you for Thursday.

Mmm...pumpkin pies. Rev. Moore usually bakes a bunch and said that this year she left it up to Miss Sarah. They look pretty delish.

Now that's a lot of gravy.


And that's a lot of stuffing.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love that pie photo. Very festive!

Chris said...

I love the pumpkin pie photo, too. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving.

Denise said...

Ah man, the word/bird thing is definitely gonna have to become a Jaime-ism.