Thursday, January 3, 2008

A wonderfully musical year

CRG and I had our very first date a year ago today. We went to Red Bean's Bayou Grill for dinner and later stopped in at Jerry's where the band just happened to ask him to play a few solos.

It's been the greatest year of my life. We've had many adventures and I've heard a whole bunch of music (below is a highlight reel, including our first date).

We are forming a Cajun band called the "Mudbugs"and we already have a gig in a few months. I'll be playing drums with CRG on the fiddle/vocal, Greg on the accordion/vocal, Big Dan on musical washboard, Brian on guitar, EZ Money on bass, and Erin on triangle/vocal/fashion coordinator (the triangle is a must in a Cajun band).

5 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on reaching that year milestone!

Kathryn said...

so when's the ring coming? :)

chitknit said...

So happy you're happy - although, I must admit, I was a LITTLE pissed that I missed you at the NYE shindig. Oh well. Guess I'll have to see you in February maybe.

Anonymous said...

Love the montage. Congrats on your anniversary! You deserve your happiness!

Princess Jill said...

I'll be your first "groupie"