Saturday, December 8, 2007

a blog about log


I've had a busy birthday weekend that included two parties and one log.

Log is a creamy Dairy Queen ice cream cake made with soft serve vanilla ice cream, chocolate cookie crumbles and fudge. The best part is that all of this goodness resembles a log. I adore it.

On Thursday (my actual birthday) CRG surprised me by giving me a Canon PowerShot G9 and showing up to Larkspur looking very dapper in his new pinstripe suit. The camera is amazing (and so is the suit, honey). "To call this thing a point-and-shoot," said Carter, "would be a gross simplification." He's right.

In addition to shooting awesome stills, the G9 shoots great video, too. Here's a short film I shot of the log at a party Denise had for me and all of my little friends last night.

6 comments:

chitknit said...

That's ALWAYS Adam's special request for his birthday. He LOVES the DQ logs.

By the way, I MISS YOU GUYS!

Jaime said...

Jill, we miss you, too. C'mon down. There's plenty of log in the freezer. Mmm...log.

carla ten eyck said...

Happy Birthday Sister O!!! That G9 is no joke, nor is the log!

Team Hamer said...

Hey...Everytime i pull up your blog, Aidan see's that picture of Carter and say's "Uncle Trent"! I must say, he does look a bit like my brother! Don't worry, I tell him, no, that is Mr. Carter...ofcourse he tells me "No Mommy...Uncle Trent". What do I know??!!

Jaime said...

Shay, I can see a little bit of Trent in Carter. That's funny. Has Aidan been practicing the guitar? Lexi is getting a drum set for Christmas so they can be the next White Stripes.

Team Hamer said...

Nice!! He hasn't been practicing...he like to hold our Guitar Hero guitars...I think he is still to small. But once he hits 3 years old he is starting piano. We want him to be well rounded you know...