Thursday, December 20, 2007

I was very naughty

I was sifting through ye old archive of photos this morning when I stumbled upon this Christmas classic. Wichita Police Officer Diehl snapped it on Dec. 25, 2006.

I worked last Christmas on a story about a single mom and her family. They were burglarized a few days before Christmas. The thief robbed them of their presents and even their holiday ham. So, the fine folks at the WPD raised money and solicited gifts for them. Even the big guy in the red suit made a guest appearance. It was a joyous occasion for all.

The next time the woman ran into the WPD wasn't nearly as merry. A few days after Christmas, she led a few police officers on a medium-speed chase around the city. Can't remember why she was running away from them but they weren't too jolly when they finally stopped her.

1 comment:

carla ten eyck said...

wow, nothing like a man in uniform huh.

I am talking about santa